Saturday, March 21, 2009

03.20.09 show

I really need to do more homework before my show, because again I gave incorrect information on-air about a record, only to realize my mistake the next day.

While browsing today at Twisted Village record store, I bought an unlabeled promotional record on H.E.N.C.H. When I got home, I Googled the record catalog number, and found a webpage stating it was by Chasing Shadows, and the description also noted they were the folks behind the track "It Was Written." Whooops. I said the group and the label were both credited to It Was Written. First the mix up with Revolt Op, and now this. Just plain laziness on my part.


Expect to hear more from the Levon Vincent four-song EP "Six Figures," on Novel Sounds, in the coming weeks. He's an New York based musican I recently discoverd by checking out Mary Anne Hobbs February playlist on Juno Records. I haven't heard her play it on her BBC One Experimental show, have I?


When I studied Buddhism back in the day, I was always reminded that possessing objects brings unhappiness through attachment, or something like that. But I felt extreme joy when I received in the mail the Purpleman & Sister Candy lp on Enterprise records this week.

If I share this record with the world via WZBC and the internet, and bring others happiness through the music, isn't that good karma?

I'm a few months late listening to the Matty G full-length release "Take You Back" on Bay Area located Argon records. I'm really liking the way he adds dubstep sub-bass to a rap beat. What if he re-mixed LL Cool J's "Radio?" Oh my, that would be Nirvana.

2 comments:

  1. hey man your show rules, thanks for doing a show with dub and dubstep, some of the best things ever happen to music!

    yeah kromestar has released prob a couple hundred songs at this point, at least, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, ds. glad to read you're liking the show. i recently read that kromestar is going to release a full-length of new tracks. the dude's unstoppable!

    ReplyDelete