Monday, May 11, 2009

05.08.11 show

Wow, this blogging thing is a lot more work than work than I anticipated. I don't know how Bike Snob NYC does three or more a week.

So yeah, I don't feel up to posting too much for this week's show. But do tune in to next week's show to hear special guests Leila and Her Weird Friend spin some dub reggae and dubstep. It should be a great show. I'd suggested that those guys do a WZBC summer fill-in show, but unfortunately their talents are in high demand they can't commit to a weekly show on a low wattage college radio station.

I will suggest to prick up your ears for two upcoming releases that I started of the program with (thank you Mary Anne Hobbbs); "Vultures" by Gravious due out 05.11, on Highpoint Lowlife Records, and "Bullet A' Go Fly" by DVA featuring Badness, Riko, Flowdan, and Killa P out soon in Dusk and Blackdown's label, Keysound. M.A.H. gave a dirty wurds disclaimer before playing that track, but I didn't hear anything offensive (but then again I couldn't understand anything because of their accents and slang), and hopefully neither did the FCC, but their flow is great.


When I saw D&B play with Loefah a while back at Love (Appleblim and Scuba there on .05.15), they dropped a few great grime tracks. And played it LOUD. But in a good way. Some of the loudest sounds I've heard; actually felt the bass vibrate my clothing. Although I'll probably never experience anything louder than Judas Priest at the Worcester Centrum, 1982. And I hope I never do.

No comments:

Post a Comment