Tuesday, April 21, 2009

04.17.09 show

As I wrote in the previous post, I'm delving deeper into the Detroit Techno/Chicago House sound, albeit twenty fives years later. While kids were jacking at the Music Box in Chi-town, I was slamming at Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel in Providence. I just received this cd compilation in the mail, so look forward to hearing Phuture's 12 minute Acid opus "Acid Tracks" next show.

A few years back, I happened upon hearing Japanese Telecom. A few months after that, I first heard Dopplereffekt. Yet only last week did I discover both groups were the work of Gerald Donald. The man is extremely prolific, so I won't list all his aliases or groups here, but if you're interested in learning and hearing more, a lot more, check out the Drexciya Research Lab.



Cloaks bring proper darkness on their lastest release on 3BY3 records. The kind of music you hear in your nightmares, but that you can dance to. I'll be playing the flip next show, fo' sure.


Acid Swagger by Fused Forces is my fav song of the moment. I like the off-kilter bass over the funk-style drumming. Loud and weird, good stuff.


And don't miss the premiere of "Speaking in Code", a documentary about electronic music playing April 23 at the Somerville Theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment