Monday, April 27, 2009

04.24.09 show

Hatcha and N-Type put together a really good compilation featuring new tracks from Croydon producers Benga, Coki and N-Type, Crazy D, Kutz, Chefal, and some dude I've never heard of named Lost, who produced one of the more interesting tracks. I'll be playing more tracks from this in the coming weeks.


The Australian record label Aquatic Lab put out another great release from Seven. I played Seven's "Drop" for a month straight, and looks like I'll also be playing "Conspiracy/Dark Passenger" to death as well. You can find the wax on boomkat.com or juno.co.uk, and the mp3 on iTunes.


Spinitron.com, the website that hosts the playlists and programming schedule for WZBC and other radio stations, now has a Buy It! link. I'm not sure I feel about this new feature.

I think its great if someone who listens to my show and hears a song they like, can easily find someplace to purchase the song through my playlist and wzbc.org. But I don't do the show to sell product, and don't want FTB or WZBC to be thought of as a home shopping network for underground music. And I definitely don't want artists or label owners "suggesting" I play their records more to help increase their sales. When I was a summer fill-in music director at another radio station, I had to put up with marketing/promotional types who would call me weekly to track their record's play count, and "suggest" that I put their record in heavy rotation. F*** that. And f*** Camper Van Beethoven to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment