Saturday, April 4, 2009

04.03.09 show

Tonight’s show marked a FTB first; a listener request. Three request actually. I’m sincerely appreciative that people are listening. But…I don’t ask for requests. When I give out the phone number and IM name, I preface it by saying something like “if you have any questions about what I’m playing, contact at…” Maybe tonight I didn’t.

I don’t want to come across as a music snob, although I am (but don’t want to come across as one), or an a**hole, which I can be on occasion, but asking for requests creates problems for me. I intended to give the reasons why this is so, but that would make me come across a bigger a**hole than already perceived, and lazy too (which I'm not).

As Shakespeare wrote “I am the DJ, I am what I play,” allow me to command the ship and we will get to our destination safely and in comfort. Just sit back and enjoy the view. And by view, I mean music.

I had been looking forward all week to playing Slaughter Mob’sWalk of the Wicked” (which I now see is listed as “Treachery” on their myaspace page; again I come incorrect with the wrong info). A slow wobbler; great tune. And then I start it on the wrong speed. D’oh. I prefer playing vinyl, but cds do have some advantages.

(plain white label, but it is slaughter mob, honest)

Ekelon, who is new on my radar although he's worked with Headhunter, put out a new record on Creative Space, that is one of those multi-layered, hypnotizing tracks that grows in sound. I'll be watching for his upcoming releases.



Any suggestions as to songs/artist to play, email is the best way.

2 comments:

  1. are you buying these records from places in the states? or do you have to get them from the uk

    great work with the show, love the dub and the dubstep combo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey ds, i buy most of my records from juno.co.uk; they have all the latest releases, and their site is well organized. but shipping is $$. i do buy locally from forcedexposure.com, l.a.b. in allston, and twisted village in harvard square. thanks for checking the show.

    ReplyDelete