Tuesday, June 9, 2009

06.05.09 show

After linking to Sarantis' myspace page for last week's blog, I stuck around and checked out some his tunes, and I'm glad I did. Whoa. "Raw and Uncut" is a massive banger. Yes, you will be hearing this tune again. And again.


Joker continues to release great songs. I would even say catchy songs. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear one of his songs used in a commercial for a youth-marketed car or the new iphone. And I sincerely hope that happens. I have no problem with musicians using their songs in advertisements. Who wouldn't want their music to be heard by as many people as possible, and get paid too? His latest is Purple Ciy released on Kapsize Records.



I'm a sucker for white label records produced by "unknown." If the record is also described as "limited," I must own it. Meeting both requirements for mandatory purchase, I bought Traversable Wormhole Vol. 1. Regardless of its mysteriousness and collectiblity, both tracks are killer. Get it while you can.


While browsing for new records today, I was shocked to see that Loefah had released a track on Tectonic Plates Vol. 2. Why didn't anyone tell me? I not a huge fan of the newer Tectonic releases, and the Loefah track is on cd 2, which is a mixed cd, and I'm not crazy about mixed cds, so I overlooked the whole thing when it was released a few weeks ago. I'm hoping this means that the track, "Just a Beat" will be released as a single. 'Bout time Mr. Livingston dropped some new chest ratteling bass weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment