Monday, June 15, 2009

06.12.09 show

Some shows are better than others. Last weeks was better than this weeks. Its like that sometimes.

Back in February, I bought a record on the label Do Not Resist the Beat. At that time, juno.co.uk, listed the artist as Minus 126, which was one of the tracks on the record, but boomkat.com listed the artist as Do Not Resist the Beat. Hmm. But DNRTB just released its second record, with a web address stamped on it, which reveals that the artist is Milton Bradley. Hard techno and board games, the guy does it all.



The more techno I play, the more I learn that every techno producer has six different aliases or are in involved in numerous groups. A few weeks back I play a track by O/V/R on the Blueprint label. This week I played a track from the new James Ruskin record, also on Blueprint. Of course, they are one in the same. I'd know this if I did research before the show, not only after when I do this blog.



I'm johnny-come-lately to Osgut Ton. The release from Deuce hipped me to the German label, so to make up for lost time, I played four Osgut Ton releases during this week's show. I thought five would have been overkill.


As I write this, I'm listening to Caspa's Why Not? Special on rinse.fm. Its a must download.

I'm doing my ride this Saturday, if it dosen't rain. Thanks to Leila and Her Weird Friend for sitting in on the 19th and doing proper mixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment