Thursday, June 4, 2009

05.29.09 show

Yes, these blog updates are coming later and later in the week. I intended to update last night, but I was tired after an 80 mile training ride, and then had to wait and wait and wait for a neighbor to finish their laundry, and found myself folding tee shirts at 1:30 am. Not happy.

So, I won't bother re-capping last week's show, but you can check the playlist here.

I'm excited to play some big, new tunes on tomorrow's show including a few grime tracks off the compilation Vocals and Versions Vol 2 out on Senseless Records. I played a track from Sarantis last week, and found the comp while searching his other releases. I'm liking the sound of lablemate Sasquatch too.


If you're into minimal techno and the Berghain sound, you're going to love the collaboration with Marcell Dettman and Rene Pawlowitz aka Shed aka STP. Calling themselves Deuce, their EP on Ostgut Ton records is killer. I'm tempted to play all three tracks in one show, but probably should spread the wealth over the coming weeks.



The a latest from 12th Planet is a two sided monster. Skream played one track on his latest rinse.fm broadcast. Good to see some local cats (and by local I mean American) making good with the dubstep and getting some recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment